Thursday, September 13, 2007

Freezing The Footloose

It was beginning to get on my nerves now. Helpless since I was, I was feeling badly tired. The discussion came back to the same point again.

- Why don't you try to understand? I don't want this.

- No, you do. But you don't realize that now. Now be a good boy. Take this, it will do you good.

- Look, I think I can decide what is good for me. I am not a kid.

- That's why. Don't get scared, it is not bitter. It tastes rather good.

- I know that. How many times you'll say the same thing? I know it is not bitter. It's not about that. The question is - why should I take this?

- Because everyone does so. Are they all idiots?

- I don't know about them. But I know myself. I am happy and I don't need anything.

- We know you and your needs better than you do. It was not you who asked us to vaccinate you when you were small. You needed that though. You were crying then and you are crying today too. But we know what is good for you. Now don't be difficult.

- Let me think. May be sometime later. But not now.

- You had said the same words last year too. There is a proper time for everything. Late done is not done. And who do you think will wait for you?

- I don't ask anyone to wait for me. But why can't we allow a man to decide for himself, unless he begins to harm others?

- Because this is not America. You people read few books and you think that you know life. No book will teach you experience.

- Let me earn my experience. I have only one life, let me live it.

- I, me, mine... as if nothing else matters for you. Do you have any respect left for our sentiments?

- Oh!

- Come on. Take this.

- I can't.

And so on... It is getting heavier day by day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like ur parents badgering u 2 get married. If its something else please mention because thats's wt this reads like.

Anonymous said...

i was thinking that they were asking you to take some medicine... but yes, it does seem like they are asking you to get married. ha ha...

-sanket