Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sitting by a River

Sitting by a river
Or a vast ocean
A tiny little brook
Or a mere fountain

I hear
A soothing harmony
Of crash, lap, and gurgle
Mesmerizing, and soporific

Somnolent, and lost
In my reveries
I wondered
And imagined

Talking to it
And it talked back to me
I looked at it
And it looked back at me

This loony world
Of drunkard moons
Drowning in my eyes
Dragging me within

Into a forest upside down
Where schools of fishes
Chased fireflies
In the luminous enigma

That riddled me, and asked
What, and why was I?
Did the flowing water know
Any more than I?

The flowing water
Spanning time
While lying on its bed
Witnessing

Nights and days
Both versions of Truth
Ends of eternity
Shiva's coif

I was seen, it whispered
Coming before myself
Or going after
Like its waves

Me, a wave
But a wave
Unique
Just like others

Rising out of
And falling into
The great stream
That flows by

No comments: