Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Breaking Up

Somewhere on Planet Earth. Sometime.

Primal Dark Night. Bright Stars. Sporadic swoosh of Cold Dry Wind. Silence.

Bang! I hear door of the world being slammed on my face. I turn back and walk away. I walk away and turn back. I pause. I reflect. I stand out, outside the periphery, under the starry umbrella, gazing at the world, which looks like a gigantic space station - a huge spread of negative space with lighted airplane windows clustered and scattered. Perhaps I am dreaming. The whole world seems alien to me.

Today, we break up. I stand out, alone.

I am pronounced guilty in the hearing. I am not even hearing.  I am wondering if I could care any less.

This is the first day of my remaining years. Yes, that matters, that alone. There is darkness and no signposts, just a star in the sky, that alone. 

No comments: