Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Independence Day

I had been a cynic for a long time. However I had never been in love with my cynicism. I had always wanted freedom from it. I had always wanted to feel the fresh air around me as I felt when I was a kid. I still remember how bright were the days when hope lighted my thoughts. I yearned for the evenings which were full of fun. I wanted to grow young!

I dont know when the shadow of pessimism eclipsed my eyes. I have no clue since when I started looking at the world as if there was nothing new to see. As if nothing new was there to listen and nothing new was there to say. A big sense of all-embracing obviousness rendered me incapable to appreciate the small, innocent joys of everyday life. Very discreetly and very insidiously it took possession of my mind. A perpetual frown marked the shape of my face. Suspicion and paranoia became the complexion of my thoughts. My sun seemed to set for ever.

Suddenly the silence of my life was pierced by a tune, a tune I was waiting to hear since eternity. It was a tune of hope, a music of optimism, a sound of victory which re-created life in me. It was like a magic, like a miracle, as if all the stars came close to me to rescue me from the deathly jaws of darkness. I am feeling enlightened again. I am overwhelmed with hope again. Life is surging inside me again. Though I have nothing with me. But that doesnt matter to me. My hands are empty. But that never makes anyone poor anyway. It's the mind. It's the mind that makes you rise from the deepest ditches. I have nothing with me but hope. And a will. And so I have all. My eyes are moist with this nostalgic youthfulness. Today I am feeling free. Today is my independence day. Today my sun rose in my life. Tonight is my deepawali.

Oh where had I lost myself? But by His grace I am back to myself. I am so thankful to Him! With bent knees, clasped fists held closely to my chest, closed eyes and incorruptible faith I am praying to Him. Oh lord, make me worthy of my goal and lead me to a goal worthy of myself. Oh lord, give me strength. Give me strength to endure the pain that would welcome me in the way. Give me the strength to ignore the temptations that would lure me to the less painful. Give strength to my dreams so that they could break the myth of reality. Give me strength to fight my complacencies. Give me strength to run alone. Bless my purpose and give strength in my devotion. Give me strength to keep myself worthy of your kindness.

I have been sleeping for long. I see no trace of the caravan I was a part of. All I see is a settling fog of sand there. They must have gone that way. Enough of resting and enough of sleeping. I need to run now and I will run now. I will run faster than I ever ran. I will run faster than anyone had ever run. It's a run for life; it's a run for redemption. There are some promises to be fulfilled, there are some dreams to be realized. I cant wait anymore.

- yours truly,
the state of Bihar

No comments: