Friday, June 03, 2005

Again... same thought

Why do I blog?
I asked this question again. Do I write for myself or others?
If I write for others then I shouldve stopped blogging long back coz no one reads them anyways. And I know it too.
If I write for myself then it could be better done in a diary to keep the secracy. And anyways, what's the point of talking to yourself?
Actually I blog for others as well as for myself. I feel happy when someone reads my posts and write comments for it. I get a reason to write better next time. I feel being listened and I feel expressed more meaningfully. But even if noone bothers to abrade his brains on my posts, I do not plan to discontinue this habit. I need to know myself. And looking in mirror is, I think, not the best way to see your actual self. Moreover, we are what we think and what we do. We are dynamic and so are our ideas and our world-view. We keep changing and growing. We sometimes metamorphose into a different person altogether. It is interesting to keep a photo album of yours and see the change in your appearance. Similarly blogging serves the purpose of keeping your intellectual snapshots which would seem to be more precious with time. It would be a fun to read our fervent opinions about certain things in future. We might end up having a very different opinion on the same topic by then. It would be like looking at your pic with no facial hairs. It will have a nostalgic value then.
Also, many ideas get developed when we ponder about them. Robert Pirsig truly says in ZMM, 'The more you look, the more you see.' We sometimes play devil's advocate and knowingly say what we dont mean. But doing this often gives us a novel perspective and we begin to appreciate the other side also. It is very important in life not to get stuck up with a point of view. It precipitates intellectual death in a premature age. So deconstructing age-old platitudes are vital. We must be ready to play with ideas. We must be ready to accept the disgusting. We must not be shameful in saying something which others dont say for some reasons we dont understand.
But the most important reason or unreason of blogging for me is to purge out the crap out of my mind. There are certain thoughts which inflate when we contemplate over them. But there are many which get vanished if written somewhere. I dont know if it works out for you but it surely does for me. This crap could be anything: a half-cooked idea which seems to be absolutely unworthy of further treatment or emotional discharge. But whatever, blogging is cathartic in a way.
Hmm...what else? I dont know. I dont care.... I'll keep blogging :)

No comments: