Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Chalte chalte

Dont mind my language please. I am in hurry. I just intend to note some incidents which I will discuss with you later.

We(Dilip, Louis, Nilesh and me) were returning to our hotel after the dinner from an asian restaurant. Outside a general store two men accosted us. The reason nay the crime- our being Indian. No, till now my experience has been very nice. But this incident ruffled my ego. These guys asked us if one of us could assist him in his kitchen COZ many Indians and Pakistanis do it. Well, nothing wrong in it but I have my huge ego which gets hurt every now an then. Whatever, I promptly made clear that we are software professionals and we were there for business purpose. Perhaps he didnt understand and asked if we knew a man who could work in the kitchen. Well, I made myself clear.

Yesterday when I and my friends were going to the same restaurant for taking dinner then the same man saluted me. I WAS FLATTERED!! HE HE :)
And not only that, he stopped his work and stood aside the pavement and saluted me again when we were returning back to our hotel. Now this time I felt a bit awkward. But you know.. chote chote deshon mein badi badi baatein.....

We dine in a chinese restaurant. Well to be precise... the owners are Vietnamese. Well that doesnt make the waitress less charming. Yes charming, not beautiful from the Indian standards and prejudices. People in Aschaffenburg give you big smiles with big nods at every sentence they speak to you. If you ask the receptionist to call a taxi for you she reacts as if you have proposed her... TAXII!! You want me call a TAXII for you? :) But they look cute. Well let me return back to our asian restaurant where the waitress iterate the word 'VeggitAriyan' 3 times while taking the order. She looks doubly cute coz she brings us nice food. I wore my tantra T-Shirt yesterday night and showed her the logo of Buddhism. She became very happy and asked me if I was also a Buddhist. My flirtatious nature is highly debilitated by my truthfulness. I said I was a hindu. That didnt bring us any closer and she seemed a bit disappointed. My friends who have already understood or misunderstood my nature and intentions reproached me. Later we decided that I would tell her that I am from the place where Buddha was born. :) I and my little harmless mischiefs!!

Life is smooth here but the last day was quite tiring in the office. The bloody set-up is not working. Dilip is exhausted trying and we are tired watching him trying.

No comments: